Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shake your Underbelly

  I recently went out to dinner with some girlfriends to celebrate my friend Kate's birthday.  We headed to a newer restuarant called Underbelly off Westheimer near Montrose.  I've been there once before and let me say, it's pretty darn tasty. 
 
The concept of the restaurant is like that of a Tapas restaurant, so expect to be sharing food with everyone.  They also have non-traditional dishes that you don't find at your run of the mill restaurant. (Like they use EVERY part of the animal...not sure I'm really totally down with all that)  We let our waiter pick every plate he brought and he was pretty spot on. 
 
We started with the Sourdough Bread, which bread = good and I could eat that only for pretty much every meal.  They had butternut squash butter paired with it...um...YUM.  I think I ate half the entire loaf.
 
We had about 4 other entree plates, but my favorites were the Carolina Styled Pulled Pork and the Korean Braised Goat & Dumplings.  I'm not normall a goat eater...(really is anyone), but this is one of the dishes they are known for and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.  The Pulled Pork was also super tasty & came on a green tomato - super delish!
 
Last, but not least were our 4 deserts.
The Doughnuts and Vingear Pie were by far the best things. 
The vinegar pie is right in front of me - tastes a little like key lime, so if you are into that sort of thing, it's a MUST TRY.
 
 
Here are the girls AND our desserts. Extreme overboard on the desserts.
 
 
Also, total side note about my footwear.  Since it's starting to get a little cooler, I've busted out the boots...now I'm at least wearing 2 boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment